IBTIKAR aims at increasing the production of joint high-quality research through a new class of thinkers able to cope with the local and global challenges, solving community problems and impacting on the socio-economic growth in Libya.
IBTIKAR project will deploy different research methodologies based on participative, collaborative and tailored approaches in which the knowledge is built thanks to different techniques useful to develop training and capacity building actions for the Libyan Universities:
– A vertical CB action (ToT) where EU train Libyan Partners on the basic skills required to run research on the basis of the designed model.
– A horizontal CB action, where Libyan Academic and Administrative staff from the more advanced Libyan Universities train the staff from other Libyan Universities.
Libyan administrative and academic staff will be able to share with their counterparts not only the knowledge acquired but also their experience in managing and implementing research activities in the Libyan context. In fact, by training academic and administrative staff, each University can guarantee a high level of performance and efficiency, together with a high-quality standard of teaching and learning, on a long-term basis. Libyan research centres will be equipped and properly refurnished from both technological and human resources point of view.
Finally, IBTIKAR foresees the definition of a White Paper aiming at bringing the attention of decision-makers on the definition of a Libya National Research Agenda, which will support specialization strategies within universities, enforcing existing research centres and research units, supporting universities in research management and training in specific field of knowledge, as well as setting up proper infrastructure.
According to the state of the art, the IBTIKAR project addresses and contribute to solve these problems with the following General Objectives:
• To increase the production of joint high quality research through a new class of thinkers able to cope with the local and global challenges, who will contribute to solve community problems and impact on the socio-economic growth in Libya.
• Enforce the role of Libyan universities and promote the quality and quantity of researches, so as to make a transition within the multidimensional targets of sustainability;
Accordingly, the Specific objectives of IBTIKAR are:
• To enhance the research capabilities of Libyan HEIs by increasing the competencies and skills of their academic and administrative staff;
• To develop the networking among Libyan Academic institutions and with EU HEI’s and research centres, so as to maximize the synergies between them and the sharing of knowledge and experiences regarding the scientific research in a stronger connection also with the labour market;
• To discuss and propose the reform of the national research system
|IBTIKAR PROJECT DETAILS|
|European Commission, Erasmus+, KA2 – Capacity-building in the Field of Higher Education|
|UNIMED, Unione delle Università del Mediterraneo|
|BOUN, Boğaziçi UniversityUNILE, Università del SalentoUTAD, University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto DouroUoT, University of TripoliUoB, University of BenghaziMU, Misurata UniversitySeU, Sebha UniversitySU, Sirte UniversityZU, University of ZawiaEMU, University of El MerghibAIU, Al Asmariya Islamic UniversityBWU, Bani Waleed UniversityUoA, The University of Ajdabiya|
|LIMU, Libyan International Medical University|
|From 15 January 2021 to 14 January 2024|
|Marcello Scalisi, m.scalisi[AT]uni-med.net|